Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Kale Pesto

I don't know about you, but I like kale.  I always buy too much and often can't find ways to use it all before it becomes, well, unusable.

I also love pesto.  I love it on pasta and sandwiches, tofu and potatoes, for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I have found the solution to my kale conundrum.  This is a great recipe!  And it's SO EASY!  I first made this kale pesto and put it on a pizza with goat cheese and olive oil, almost exactly as the recipe called for.

Delicious.  


I've made it since then and have used it on whole wheat pasta with hot italian sausage, and I plan to spread some on slices of fresh baked toasty bread and top it with scrambled eggs and thin slices of pancetta.  Maybe a sprinkle of parmesan on top.  Now I'm hungry. On to the food.



Kale Pesto

Ingredients
  • 4 cups raw curly kale, stems removed
  • 2 garlic cloves
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 cup of olive oil
  • kosher salt


Put kale, garlic, lemon juice, and red pepper flakes in a food processor or high quality blender.  Pulse until pureed.  Depending on your machine of choice, you may have to scrape the sides a few times.

With the blender or processor running, slowly stream in the olive oil until well combined and smooth.  Season with salt to taste.

THAT'S IT!

Store it in the fridge for a few days, or in an airtight container in the freezer for quite a bit longer.



Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment